God, through His Word, has communicated so thoroughly with us about who we are in Him, how we stand before Him – because of Christ.
When we place our faith in Jesus, He places His Spirit in us (Acts 2:38), and His Spirit confirms our truest identity before God, with God, and in God (Romans 8:16).
Did you know that the truest things about you are the things God’s Spirit says about you? And if I could condense those things into one, single word, it would be: BELOVED.
Can you say that word out loud right now? BELOVED.
You are the Beloved. We are God’s Beloved. That reality is expressed in a variety of different ways, all throughout the Bible:
- We are deeply valued by the great Value-Giver.
- We are the rescued, ransomed, and redeemed of God.
- We are the Sheep in the pasture & care of the Good Shepherd.
- We are the Bride of Christ – the cherished, adored, sought-after, pursued, & delighted-in Bride of Christ.
Just look at how God describes us before Him, in His own words:
- For God so loved us that He gave His only Son (John 3:16). He doesn’t JUST love us, He SO loves us! (For God SO loved the world!)
- God demonstrates His own love for us in this: that while we were yet – what? – His friends, His helpers, His servants? No – while we were what? – good, fine, okay, acceptable? NO! God demonstrates His own love for us in this: that while we were yet – sinners – Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
- I am convinced that nothing – NOTHING in all creation –not-any-thing is able to separate us from the love that God has for us in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:39).
You are God’s Beloved! That is who you are. We are God’s dearly loved ones! That is who we are! The truest things about you and me are the things God says about us, and He says we are His BELOVED.