Please DO leave a comment! Offer a different perspective, suggest a question, or recommend your own favorite tip or strategy. I am by no means the authority on the topic of discipleship – I just care about it a great deal. I don’t want this blog to just be my two cents. In fact, if I may be so bold, I am expecting my readers to participate in this with me! I want you to. I need you to! So I would love to have your input; let’s make this a dialogue! You can even enter your comments anonymously if you wish.
I do have a simple list of ground rules, though, just to keep the conversation civil, helpful, truthful, and purposeful. I’d like to credit Michael Hyatt with this list of ground rules for commenting. I am using it with permission from pages 199-201 of his book Platform (Thomas Nelson, 2012).
By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can log-in via IntenseDebate, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. I may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, I would like to receive your questions as follow-up comments to the post. That way, it will be a benefit to everyone else who may have wondered a similar thing.
- You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—please do so in a way that is respectful. In my opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this. Thank you for your attention and cooperation!